- Business Management
- Mr Bernard Faughey
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
After taking this module you will be able to :
1. Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the competitive environment in which firms compete.
2.Assess the resources and capabilities of any firm in relation to its source of potential competitive advantage.
3. Present and weight a range potential strategic options open to a firm in sustaining its competitive position in the future.
4. Identify the potential challenges in executing any one of the options being recommended for strategic development .
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Weekly one-page case study analysis hand up||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: End of semester exam||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||Yes||
|Assignment: Case study report||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Group presentation||Week 11||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Professor Pamela Sharkey Scott||Subject Extern Examiner|