- Business Management
- Dr Maxim Miterev
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module, you will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of knowledge areas and concepts that are relevant to management of projects and project-based organizations
2. Apply a variety of project management tools, practices, and frameworks to solve complex practical challenges encountered in managing projects
3. Analyze, compare, and contrast alternative courses of action in management of projects and project-based organizations
4. Demonstrate understanding of relevance and applicability of project management tools, concepts and theories in the supply chain management context
5. Demonstrate skills of critical thinking and reflective practice as well as high level of oral and written communications skills and team work skills.
Please remember that the achievement of learning outcomes is contingent on following class policies and completing all work in good faith.
FORMAT: Active attendance and participation during classes is expected. The module will be 100% assessed on a combination of group and individual assignments as well as in-class participation. There is NO EXAM for this module. For this reason, it is essential that the students make every effort to attend all lectures during the module – some graded work will be in class time.
PLAGIARISM: No form of plagiarism will be tolerated and grade penalties outlined in the UCD Plagiarism Policy will be applied (may result in Failed mark). Plagiarism includes inclusion of other person’s ideas or works, such as unacknowledged use of any form of published/unpublished source (including books, articles, presentations, videos or other broadcasted material, Internet, another student’s work). Presentation of work, which contains ideas or work of others without appropriate attribution and citation is an act of plagiarism. Please pay attention to scientific policies of ensuring appropriate citations to any readings and use of other material. All work submitted by you or your group must be your own original work, not submitted elsewhere. Any material taken indirectly or directly from other sources is required to be properly referenced. Plagiarism will be heavily penalized. For further details, please see UCD policy for plagiarism: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/docs/plagiarism_po.pdf.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Individual essay||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Class participation.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Presentation: Two presentations in class||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Written group report||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Written report||Week 6||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.
There are no rows to display