- Business Management
- Dr John Cassidy
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module, students will be expected to be able to:
1. Develop an understanding of the different strategic challenges an Irish firm faces when operating in an international environment.
2. Examine and explain the nature of industry competitiveness, the nature of resources and capabilities globally and the role of institutions, cultures and ethics and their implications for international entry strategies for their firm.
3. Have learnt successful strategies for entering new markets with a real life Irish company.
4. Have received mentoring from successful business people.
5. Have enhanced their CV and become more employable.
6. Have honed their presentation skills in front of successful business people.
7. Have learnt how to deliver and present a professional report.
Live company consultancy project
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Presentation and Written Report Submission||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Presentation: Group Project Proposal||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Attendance: Meetings and Attendance||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Journal: Individual Learning Journal||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Continual assessment for the duration of module
There are no rows to display