- Business Management
- Dr John Cassidy
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module, students will be expected to be able to:
1. Explain the different strategic challenges business face when they operate in an international environment.
2. At a global strategic level, examine and explain the nature of Industry Competitiveness, the nature of resources and capabilities globally and the role of institutions, cultures and ethics and their implications for global competitive strategies.
3. Critically analyse and evaluate business-level strategies with respect to foreign market entry, the entrepreneurial firm, and strategic alliances & networks and global competitive dynamics.
4. Evaluate corporate level strategies at a global level in regard to M&As, diversification, MNE strategies structures & learning, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.
5. Appraise the theory of global strategy intelligently and analytically.
6. Produce an applied global strategic project.
The module will be as discursive and as practical as possible. Each session will be divided into four parts: Part 1 is a warm-up discussion on Global Strategy News introduced by individuals based on their reading of the financial press that week or indeed historically. In Part 2, the weekly lecture will be presented and discussed. In the final section Part 3, the selected case studies for that week will be discussed.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Primary degree in business.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Essay: Individual: Case Study Analysis||Week 7||n/a||Graded||No||
|Essay: Individual: Essay on lecture content||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Presentation: Individual Global Business News Presentation||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Assignment: Group Case Written Analysis||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Continuous Assessment: Individual: Class Participation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Feedback on presentations, individual and group assignments
There are no rows to display