- Business Management
- Mrs Kathy O'Reilly
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
The MC Research Project / Summer Consulting Project is an opportunity for students to gain valuable experience completing industry-related research or working one-on-one wth a company to complete a consulting project.
On completion of the research paper or consulting project students should:
1. Understand the challenges and specific requirements of working in a professional workplace environment;
2. Confidently manage a client project, working closely with a client;
3. Appreciate the value of business networking and workplace mentoring;
4. Experience the realities of working as a management consultant;
5. Demonstrate an ability to conduct a client project from start to finish, using analytical, problem-solving and project management skills;
6. Complete a research paper on an area releted to management consulting using secondary research methods.
This is not a classroom based module. Students work independently to complete a live project for a client company or a business research paper.
Skills developed include:
Client relationship management
Business report writing
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Summer workshops are available to all students completing company projects or research papers. These workshops are optional but attendance is highly recommended, as faculty members will be on hand to provide individualized guidance and advice.
|Mr Geraldine Lavin||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
There are no rows to display