- Business Management
- Mr Robert Manning
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of knowledge areas, theoretical models and concepts that are relevant to procurement in project settings; apply a variety of tools, approaches, and frameworks to identify, analyze and resolve complex procurement challenges
2. Utilize appropriate communication strategies (oral, written and visual) to present procurement challenges and solutions
3. Utilize appropriate online databases to conduct research on procurement issues and practices; demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills
4. Demonstrate appropriate teamwork skills, such as skills for working with individuals across cultures and disciplines
5. Engage in collaborative learning and draw on personal and colleagues’ talents and experience to achieve learning outcomes.
Please remember that the achievement of learning outcomes is contingent on following class policies and completing all work in good faith.
FORMAT: Active attendance and participation during classes is expected. The module will be 100% assessed on a combination of group and individual assignments as well as in-class participation. There is NO EXAM for this module. For this reason, it is essential that the students make every effort to attend all lectures during the module – some graded work will be in class time.
PLAGIARISM: No form of plagiarism will be tolerated and grade penalties outlined in the UCD Plagiarism Policy will be applied (may result in Failed mark). Plagiarism includes inclusion of other person’s ideas or works, such as unacknowledged use of any form of published/unpublished source (including books, articles, presentations, videos or other broadcasted material, Internet, another student’s work). Presentation of work, which contains ideas or work of others without appropriate attribution and citation is an act of plagiarism. Please pay attention to scientific policies of ensuring appropriate citations to any readings and use of other material. All work submitted by you or your group must be your own original work, not submitted elsewhere. Any material taken indirectly or directly from other sources is required to be properly referenced. Plagiarism will be heavily penalized. For further details, please see UCD policy for plagiarism: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/docs/plagiarism_po.pdf.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Literature Review||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Class Participation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Written case report||Week 5||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Written report and presentation||Week 8||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.