- Business Management
- Mr John Kelly
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module, students will be expected to:
1. Discuss procurement and supplier management issues in a group environment;
2. Concisely apply the current theory of procurement and supplier management to practice;
3. Analyse procurement and supplier management issues and present this in a professional report style;
4. Display creative-thinking, synthesis and analysis skills including integrating differing streams of knowledge;
5. Prepare a group procurement and supplier management business report and present your findings.
The following is an indicative list of topics (subject to change). In some cases the material will not be covered in depth in the lectures. You will be expected to read material outside the lectures.
1. Procurement and Supplier Management:
2. Future Trends (Covid-19, Global Trade, EU/UK relations, Brexit…)
3. Procurement Skills and Development
4. Strategic Procurement and Supplier Management
5. Supplier Selection and Evaluation
6. Relationship Management
7. Outsourcing Process (guest speaker)
8. Procurement and Supplier Management
9. Supplier Information and Disclosure
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Participation in class; preliminary papers will be required for the Group assignment and for the Individual assignment. This work will form part of this assessment.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Essay: A 2,500 word report on a topic agreed with the lecturer.||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Report & Presentation on a topic to be agreed with the lecturer
In class presentations will be toward the end of the semester.
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Continual Assessment: Written feedback will provided for papers submitted. Group Project: Feedback on presenting style will be given after all presentations are complete. The feedback on reports will be provided to the groups when the reports are assessed ( in accordance with Academic Regulations). Grade feedback will NOT be provided as final grades are subject to formal sign-off. As the individual report is "the final assessment component of the module" there will be no formal feedback on this assessment. Geiven the blended nature of delivery, the challenge of providding informal feeedback is acknowledged.