- Business Management
- Dr Orla Byrne
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Have acquired personal and team-based experience and understanding of new venture creation processes
- Engaged with tools of new venture creation process to identify a potential business opportunity and provisionally test it in the market place
- Deal with uncertainty, risk and failure in the world of entrepreneurship – and learned to grow from the experience
- Synthesised main theories, principles and concepts of entrepreneurship research with your own personal and professional insights of entrepreneurship
- Identify how principles of entrepreneurship can be applied in a wide variety of contexts
Topics will be discussed in class during Week 1 but will reflect both 'doing' and 'thinking' about entrepreneurship.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Individual Assignment (40%)||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Continuous Assessment: New venture creation project (group)||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Feedback will be given to students following interim assessments. General observations and formative feedback will be offered to students throughout the module.
|Ms Agnieszka Wisniewska||Tutor|