- Management Information Systems
- Dr Paul Ennis
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, students will be able to:
(1) Critically assess and analyse the merits of cryptocurrencies and related technologies such as blockchain.
(2) Demonstrate an understanding of how disruptive technologies, such as Bitcoin and blockchain technology, emerge and then later mature in response to a variety of organisational pressures.
(3) Provide strategic and informed recommendations about the prospects of disruptive technologies in a contemporary context.
Since the area is constantly-evolving the content changes quite a bit each year.
However, the most consistent topics are Bitcoin (all areas), alternative cryptocurrencies (general introduction), Ethereum, Ripple/XRP, blockchain, Libra/Calibra,
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback delivered with release of grades.