- Autumn and Summer (separate)
- Human Resources Management
- Dr Orna O'Brien
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module you should be able to:
• Explain the concept of strategic HRM and understand the relationship between business strategy and HR strategy.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the challenges and responsibilities associated with HR practices, such as talent management, human resource planning, recruitment and selection, reward strategies, performance management, retention of staff and the role of technology in HR.
• Evaluate the interaction between SHRM and the management of change, culture and communication.
• Recognise, in the context of HR, ethical and social responsibility issues in the business environment and examine ethical and legal implications of managerial decisions and their effect on organisational stakeholders.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Journal: Learning Journal||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Main Assignment||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: Examination||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
General feedback is provided to students on all their submitted assessment components.
|Dr Orna O'Brien||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Ms Michele Connolly||Tutor|
There are no rows to display