Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Discuss & critically assess selected theoretical frameworks, concepts and practices of leadership, relevant to sport.
2. Identify and evaluate the range of perspectives on human resource management and employee relations.
3. Critically examine current issues in organisational behaviour, human resource management and employee relations in sport organisations.
4. Appraise the relevant academic literature in a critical manner.
Sample topics to be covered in the module include: Work, Employment & the Labour Market; Managing People – from PM/IR to HRM to SHRM; Managing the Employment Relationship; Managing Corporate Social Responsibility Managing Diversity; Values & Organisational Culture; Leadership; Trust & Distrust; Developing & Maintaining Cohesion; Leadership & Decision Making
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: This assignment is a focused on the review of specific journal article chosen by each student in the area of leadership or organisational behaviour in a sport setting. - Due week 14||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Essay: This assignment asks student to address a critical topic related to people management.||Week 9||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Students will be provided with feedback on their individual assignments post assessment.
|Ms Maeve Caraher||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Seamus Kelly||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Professor Eleni Theodoraki||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|