Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and practice of the research process
2. Demonstrate knowledge and skills in addressing a specific management related issue within a specific sport context.
3. Undertake a critical review of literature to synthesise the available research evidence and identify areas for further exploration.
4. Act autonomously in managing the research process over a prolonged period of time.
5. Communicate the findings of the research process effectively through the production of a written document and oral presentation that demonstrates clarity of thinking and evidence based decision making in suggesting practical conclusions and recommendations
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Essay: Literature review (3000 words)||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Research dissertation document (5000-6000 words)||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Oral Examination: Oral presentation of research project||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Students will also be provided with feedback on their individual literature review assignment post assessment. Students will also be provided with formative feedback on selected draft sections of their dissertation.
|Miss Rosie Jewitt-Beck||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Seamus Kelly||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Ross Neville||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Mark Roe||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr John Shuttleworth||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Professor Eleni Theodoraki||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1||Thurs 09:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 3||Thurs 12:00 - 15:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1||Wed 09:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 2||Week(s) - 1||Thurs 09:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 2||Week(s) - 1||Wed 09:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 51||Week(s) - 3||Thurs 13:00 - 15:50|