Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
The International Consulting Project is designed to enable participants to:
• Conduct a comprehensive business analysis of an organisation in an unfamiliar business environment;
• Evaluate different research methodology approaches and identify the most suitable approaches based on the project requirements;
• Reaffirm skills in negotiation, collaborative behaviour, while developing cultural-literacy;
• Suggest appropriate conclusions and implications for practice based on the team's analysis, taking into account any relevant cultural or environmental factors;
• Develop time and project management skills, plus key interpersonal skills, under an abbreviated timeframe in an unfamiliar business environment.
-Pre-engagement Project Briefings
-Pre-engagement team allocation
-Pre-engagement business research
-Pre-engagement Consulting Skills Workshop
-On-site (where possible) project work with client company
-Mentoring from UCD faculty members
-On-Site (where possible) final presentation to client company
-Debrief / review session on completion.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Field Trip/External Visits||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Presentation: Teams will deliver their findings to the client company in a formal presentation at the client's premises, attended by a UCD faculty member.||Unspecified||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Teams will receive real-time feedback on their client presentations, and further feedback during the follow-up workshop on return to UCD.