Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of the module students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and goals of different types of psychological research.
2. Identify and critique the principles of Independent Group Designs and Within Subject Designs.
3. Identify and critique the principles of specific qualitative research designs.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the properties of a normal curve, central tendency and variation.
5. Demonstrate the abiliy to test for and interpretat the meaning of correlation in quantitative research.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Examination: Problem-based, short questions and MCQ||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Attendance: Participation portfolio related to in-class activities and tutorials.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Autumn||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Throughout the semester, mini-quizzes testing student learning through Mentimeter and in-class activities gives students feedback on their progress and areas for improvement. Summarised feedback for the class is also provided (e.g., APA style, examples of Qualitative Research, etc.) based on the portfolio activity.
|Assoc Professor Suzanne Guerin||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Mr Emmet Feerick||Tutor|
|Miss Daraine Murphy||Tutor|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Spring: All Weeks||Mon 13:00 - 13:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Spring: All Weeks||Wed 13:00 - 13:50|
|Tutorial||Offering 1||Week(s) - 22, 24, 26, 29, 31, 33||Mon 15:00 - 15:50|
|Tutorial||Offering 2||Week(s) - 22, 24, 26, 29, 31, 33||Tues 16:00 - 16:50|
|Tutorial||Offering 3||Week(s) - 22, 24, 26, 29, 31, 33||Wed 15:00 - 15:50|
|Tutorial||Offering 4||Week(s) - 22, 24, 26, 29, 31, 33||Mon 16:00 - 16:50|
|Tutorial||Offering 5||Week(s) - 22, 24, 26, 29, 31, 34||Fri 12:00 - 12:50|