Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, student should be able to:
- Pursue an independent research project in LLC Studies;
- Plan, organise and execute a sustained and in-depth piece of academic research under the supervision of a member of academic staff;
- Research and develop an adequate bibliography on a chosen topic;
- Complete a short research dissertation (7500 words, excluding bibliography).
Dissertations produced in this module focus on an area of LLC Studies and the chosen topic must be approved by a supervisor. Suitable topics include cultural, linguistic, discursive and/or literary studies, translation studies, as well as political or historical topics with a linguistic focus.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: A 7500-word dissertation.||Week 12||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat||Within Two Trimesters|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Regular oral and written feedback from supervisor.
|Dr Manu Braganca||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Sandrine Peraldi||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|