Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate an overall understanding of AI and its approaches
2. Critically examine different approaches to the development of AI from a philosophical and societal perspective.
3. Use an AI technology to explore an issue or address a research question
4. Understand contemporary debates in the field of AI
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Project: Project that uses an AI technique to address an issue - or a case study of the societal/ethical implications of an AI system.||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Critical evaluation of contemporary AI journal article||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Essay or report paper critically assessing a topic within the foundations of AI||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback will be provided to students on Brightspace.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31||Thurs 13:00 - 13:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31||Tues 13:00 - 13:50|