Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
• Gain an in-depth practical understanding of the five stages of Design Thinking and their interdependence.
• Develop an understanding of the appropriate application of Design Thinking and develop an appreciation for its benefits and limits across disciplines and sectors
• Learn to add value to the Design Thinking process by applying practiced skills of empathy, creativity, idea selection, facilitating teamwork, rapid prototyping, iterative design, pitching and story-telling
• Demonstrate the application of the five stages of Design Thinking in the context of a complex ‘real world’ challenge
• Apply reflective practices to identify lessons learnt about the project, the process and the teamwork
• Develop the ability to make sound judgements regarding timing, process and number of iterations of Design Thinking appropriate for a particular problem and be able to guide others to enhance outcomes.
• Develop team working, communication and presentation skills.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Presentation: Final Presentation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Assignment: Reflection Report||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Attendance: This module requires active participation and engagement, which necessitates attendance at ALL scheduled classes (80% attendance is required to pass this component).||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback will be given to students upon requested. This will include feedback based on their participation during the module and their deliverables.