Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, learners should have the ability to:
• Demonstrate a practical understanding of the five stages of the Design Thinking Process
• Develop the ability to evaluate the relevance of Design Thinking and its benefits for both personal; and professional purposes.
• Gain an understanding of foundational skills of creativity, teamwork and communication necessary for the successful application of the design thinking process
• Demonstrate the application of the five design thinking stages in the context of a real-world challenge
• Recognize the value of feedback to enhance problem solving.
- Develop skills in communication, teamwork and presentation.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Presentation: Team Project Presentation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Assignment: Reflection Report||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Continuous Assessment: Online and offline tasks and activities||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Attendance: This module requires active participation and engagement, which necessitates attendance at ALL scheduled classes (80% attendance is required to pass this component) .||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat||Within Two Trimesters|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback will be given to students upon request. This will include feedback based on their participation during the module and their deliverables.
|Ms Jacinta Owens||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|