Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1. translate the set texts with confidence and accuracy;
2. answer questions about, and comment on, specific points in the texts;
3. discuss the contents of the text
4. evaluate and critically engage with modern interpretations of the texts using relevant commentaries and modern scholarship.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Students taking this module should have successfully completed Intermediate Greek or its equivalent.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Class Test: Students will be asked to translate and comment on a passage from Plato.||Week 7||n/a||Graded||No||
|Class Test: Students will be asked to translate and comment on a passage from Plato.||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Essay: Essay on a theme in Plato or a commentary on the set text.||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Homework assignments set by the module coordinator must be completed and submitted via Brightspace.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Feedback will be provided on both exams and the essay within twenty working days.
|Mr Olaf Almqvist||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|