Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of the module the student will have:
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of advanced GIS applications and data processing;
- Advanced working competence of ArcGIS Desktop, including ModelBuilder and ArcScene;
- Working competence in ArcGIS Pro;
- Ability to automate geospatial analysis tasks;
- Working competence on ArcGIS Online for the creation of webmaps and WebApps;
- Ability to research, collate and manage various formats of online spatial data (including Lidar); and
- Ability for self-directed learning.
Advancements in GIS technology and applications.
GIS ethics: What are the implications of ever advancing innovation in GIS?
Time series; Network analysis; AddIns.
Advanced layout design: Customized labels; 3D enhancement; Data-driven pages; Map packages.
ArcScene – Working with LIDAR data; 3D visualisation and recording.
ModelBuilder – Automating workflows.
ArcGIS Online - Webmaps and Web Apps.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Basic theoretical and conceptual understanding of Geographic Information Systems principles and applications.
Working knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Essay: Essay of GIS ethics||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Customising geoprocessing workflows||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: 3D visualisation and recording||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Mulit-criteria spatial analysis||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Story map CV||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Individual feedback on each assignment will be provided post-completion via Brightspace. This will be complemented with in-class general feedback and peer-review feedback activities (e.g. sharing output maps for review and comment).