Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Upon completion of this module the students should:
1. Understand the key requirements and performance criteria that a construction material must satisfy.
2. Appreciate the properties of various construction materials and how these impact on their use in service.
3. Apply this knowledge through a series of assignments.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Portfolio: Lab assignment||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Examination: Timber - class exam||Week 9||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Essay: Concrete assignment||Week 5||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Examination: Metals - class exam||Week 12||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.
|Dr Atteyeh S. Natanzi||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12||Mon 12:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Wed 11:00 - 11:50|
|Studio||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Wed 14:00 - 15:50|