Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
1. Analyse the goals, functions, models, and components of database systems.
2. Explain the context, phases, and techniques for designing and building databases.
3. Select and apply appropriate design models to a given development environment.
4. Design an efficient database system using an appropriate database design technique.
5. Implement and manipulate a relational database using SQL.
Relational database model, relational database query languages (relational algebra, SQL), the entity-relationship model for database design.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Mon 15:00 - 15:50||Online|
|Practical||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Wed 13:00 - 15:00||Online|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Wed 15:00 - 15:50||Online|