Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
1) Understand the main ideas of simple connected texts related to personal background and interests, social conventions, travel and transportation and short invitations etc..
2) Understand sentences or texts consisting of combinations of learned materials on the topics given above.
3) Exhibit basic ability to extrapolate the meaning of texts which contain a reasonable number of unfamiliar words.
4) Convey basic ideas and intentions related to the above topics appropriately.
5) Construct sentences consisting of combinations of learned materials on the topics above with correct pronunciation.
6) Build up a vocabulary of 1,000 words.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
In order to take this module, students need to have prior knowledge which is equivalent to HSK Level 2.Learning Exclusions:
The students who are native Mandarin speakers are not eligible to take this module as an elective.
The lecturer reserves the right to assess the language competence of all students. Students whose competence is incompatible with the level of their chosen elective module will be advised to transfer to a more appropriate language module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Coursework||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: Final exam||Week 12||No||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Reading and writing tests||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Attendance: Engagement in discussion or oral presentation. Examples of participation and presentation might include contributions to in-class discussions, debates or oral presentations.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Mr Wei Zhou||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Mon 15:00 - 16:50||Online|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Tues 11:00 - 11:50||Online|
|Lecture||Offering 2||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Thurs 14:00 - 15:50||Online|
|Lecture||Offering 2||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Wed 16:00 - 16:50||Online|