Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
- Describe the molecular mechanisms involved in the processes of the cell cycle, cell growth and cell death.
- Recognise the importance of cellular differentiation in the context of whole organism development
- Discuss the role of apoptosis in the immune response and as a consequence to cell damage.
- Understand how knowledge of specific cellular pathways has lead to the development of therapeutics for disease.
- Know the mechanism and importance of autophagy in the eukaryotic cell.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Examination: 2 hr written examination||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Summer||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Online automated feedback
Not yet recorded.
|Assoc Professor Carmel Hensey||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Assoc Professor Margaret McGee||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|