Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, students will have developed skills that will enable them to identify and apply a suitable method for their thesis study, to locate suitable source materials for research and to organise and present this material in a coherent fashion.Indicative Module Content:
This module will introduce students to key components of research skills and methods germane to American Studies including:
- interdisciplinary study methods;
- topics, frames and fields of study;
- locating and using primary and secondary sources;
- citation and bibliographical skills;
- oral and audio-visual presentation skills;
- library use.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Participation in in-class activities including individual and group presentations; debates; written assignments, and other activities. Attendance is also critical.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Students will receive individual and group feedback on their in-class activities throughout the duration of the module.