Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. have a basic understanding of accounting procedures.
2. understand the role of the accounting function in a cultural organisation.
3. analyse a set of accounts.
4. prepare a cash budget and have a general understanding of budget procedures.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
An honours university degree at minimum level of 2.2 and work experience in the cultural sector. Selection is by short-listing and interview.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Class Test: A fifty-minute class test on two topics covered in the first half of the module.||Week 10||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: Two Hour Examination||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
In the case of the mid-semester short test, feedback will be given on an individual basis within a week of the test. In the case of the end of semester 2-hour exam, feedback will be given on a one-to-one basis to any student requesting it.
|Ms Karen Dent||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|